We are committed to minimizing risk factors, creating environmental controls, establishing clear guidelines and enforcing them, and always having a supply of safety equipment/products available for employee and customer use. ~ Julia & the team
- Daily screening of common symptoms and body temperature
- Increased hand washing and use of sanitizer (firstly, upon arrival at the shop and then every time you re-enter after leaving, etc.)– proper hand washing recommendations posted in bathroom
- Disinfecting of shared equipment and tools between each use (including dryers/tables/clippers/scissors/bathing system/square payment terminal)
- Agreement to maintain 6′ of space between employees when possible and to wear a mask when working together in close quarters.
- Disinfecting of high traffic areas such as door knobs, sink & toilet handles, mouse/keyboard etc. a minimum of twice a day.
- Fully outdoor/contactless drop off/pick up of pets and payment for services available
- No walk-ins permitted – by appointment only
- All appointments and client contact info stored in our database in case we need to touch base for risk of exposure
- Limit of one client in reception at a time (only with the exception of additional/related young child(ren) if necessary). Screening questions posted at door.
- Clients in reception encouraged to make the interaction/payment as quick as possible
- Use of hand sanitizer/mask (provided) mandatory for clients who wish to enter reception area
- NO clients permitted beyond reception area (only in bathroom attached to reception if needed)
- Disinfecting of front door handle and contactless outdoor pens between clients
- Plexi shield installed for those coming in to make payment with the machine
- Both sides of plexi shield wiped down daily
- Clients encouraged to keep pets own leash/collar/harness/crate or other equipment as long as it does not endanger the pet or staff
- Easy to disinfect biothane slip leads and grooming loops used and cleaned between pets
- Pets bathed right upon arrival when possible. When it is not possible, extra cleaning and disinfecting measures of all equipment will be taken.
Signage & Instructions:
- Contactless outdoor enclosures marked for Drop off/Pick up and instructions posted on outdoor sandwich board
- Social distancing sign on outdoor enclosure
- “No Walk Ins” sign on outdoor enclosure
- Mandatory reception protocols & screening questions posted on front door
- Safe hand washing sign posted in bathroom
- Instructions and protocols were initially emailed to clients, and updates have been posted on social media pages
- Safety Plan posted in reception and on website